Our Church’s Coronavirus Response Team, with the support of Church Council, has taken on board the strong advice of NSW Synod, Macquarie Darling Presbytery and civil authorities, and made some difficult decisions – for the common good, and to protect our most vulnerable.
At the same time, we are focused on ensuring that we can continue to connect people with God, people with people and people with community in new, creative and positive ways.
- After this Sunday’s services, all ‘in-person’ gatherings for worship will be suspended until further notice.
- All small social/outreach/activity/study groups will be taking immediate steps to suspend ‘in-person’ meetings until further notice.
- We have put together a range of resources and mechanisms to help us all maintain pastoral care and social connection, worship/devotions (including Easter services) and welfare activity – without physically meeting together!
- We have put in place a dedicated Coronavirus Response Team (planning, information and resources); a Pastoral Response Group (co-ordinating pastoral care and contact); and a Welfare Response Group (co-ordinating practical helps).
- Information Packs are availablethis Sunday (22 March) at church, to take home (with spare for friends), and will then be emailed out, and posted on the website. These will tell you everything you need to know (for now) about how to access pastoral connections, worship resources and other information.
- The Website and weekly Newsletter will be hubs for updates, information, prayer requests and resources – and we will email urgent news and information as required.
- Please ensure that we have your best up-to-date contact details (especially email if possible) – and if you would like help with getting on-line – or setting up and using ‘virtual’ meetings tools – let us know.
Please be assured: no-one will be left isolated or left behind if we can help it – and if we all work together to connect with and look after each other, our neighbours and networks.
The God who has never failed us yet will surely not fail us now. Our strength is in Christ, and in each other, as we walk this journey together.
If you need to talk to someone, or pray with someone; if you need help in any way – please reach out.